Thursday, July 23, 2026

Thursday the 23rd: Food of the Week

 On Friday the Son is making cacio e pepe from the Betty Crocker cookbook--again, no online reference on their site. We have some real Romano cheese from Fredonia, so we're excited to try it out.

Tonight we're having leftovers and frozen pizza.

Wednesday I made a French Potato Salad from July 2002 Martha Stewart Living. I needed to add a little salt and I included not just celery leaves but celery as well; it was delicious.

Tuesday was going to be Korean fried chicken but the restaurant was closed so we went with the Mall food court instead: Japanese for the other two and a loaded baked potato for me. I was happy with mine but the other two felt the teriyaki was a little lacking particularly in the side dishes.

Monday I made zucchini picadillo.  I had it with chips and tortillas, more like a tostada, and it was great. I think it could be better with some cumin, maybe some cilantro.

Sunday I made a big lasagna, garlic knot rolls from Aldi, and then key lime pie mousse cups for dessert. My mom brought cantaloupe, green beans amandine, and cucumber salad. I really liked the dessert and will make it again; I did keep the crumbs separate until the last minute so they stayed crunchy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment