Thursday, October 8, 2026

Thursday the 8th: Food of the Week

*Tomorrow I'll make ricotta calzones for the first time. I thought about using frozen pizza dough, but the description of the recipe says that calzones need a slightly different dough--I'll trust that this time.  

*Today I'm making slow cooker swiss steak (already in the crock pot) and egg noodles. This recipe doesn't have any tomatoes in it and I used a homemade cream of mushroom soup. Hopefully later today I'll make marbled banana bread in small loaves for this week's Christmas treat.  

*Yesterday we had sour cream cardamom waffles. I doubled the recipe. I had mine with plain yogurt and brown sugar; we had lots of other toppings available.  They were wonderful.

*Tuesday the Son made a really nice butternut squash soup. It had cream cheese in it! He also had it with chicken mole from Trader Joe's, which was fine but not our favorite.

*Monday I made lemon orzo meatball soup.  I love this soup; I usually halve the recipe. We finished it that night.

*Sunday we grilled burgers, hot dogs, and wahoo weiners and had it with caesar salad, pasta salad, etc. The cookies below are peanut butter dried cherry and I made them last week. 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment