Thursday, August 6, 2026

Thursday the 6th: Food of the Week

Sunday lunch was family dinner at my parents' house, and for Sunday supper we tried Grilled Pizza and Grilled Peach Splits, both from Smitten Kitchen.  My only complaint is that I did not make a good red sauce, so that felt lacking. We added some chicken teriyaki meatballs from Trader Joe's to the pizza.

Monday we ate at a friend's house: lasagna and salad and garlic bread and chocolate pie. Everything was delicious and we had such a good time catching up.

Tuesday the Son made macaroni and cheese from Betty Crocker. He didn't like cooking the pan he baked it in, but we loved it. We added some chicken strips since we have a new house member for the school year. 

Wednesday I made Apricot Beef Stir fry. I used frozen veggie mix and some corn off the cob I had frozen, plus beef flank steak, then a sauce of soy sauce, water, cornstarch, garlic, red pepper flakes, and peach preserves (I didn't have apricot).

Tonight we are having Spanish Tortilla.  I'm asking Husband to bring home or pick up a supplement since again, we have four to cook for instead of three.

Tomorrow will be bruschetta with sauteed bell peppers; the linked recipe is similar but not exactly the same as what I'm using. I'm working on Italian Rustic bread today to have ready for those tomorrow. 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment