Thursday, October 1, 2026

Thursday the 1st: Food of the Week

 *Tomorrow I'm making sheet pan balsamic chicken and carrots, from a recipe I cut out of the newspaper about 10 years ago.

 *This is actually a week of new recipes. Tonight I'm trying  salad bar stir fry from Cook's Country, similar to the tagged recipe.  I'm using frozen veggies because they're cheaper than the salad bar.

*Last night I made sesame noodles with shredded chicken. I think the family prefers a straightforward peanut sauce, so I'll do that next time.  

*Tuesday night the Son made tomato-basil soup from Betty Crocker.  I think most of the family prefers a smoother soup, but the son really liked it. I might repurpose the leftovers into pasta sauce.

*Monday night I tried another new recipe, butternut squash risotto.  It was a really good risotto, but I don't think the squash, despite being a labor of love, really added much to the dish. I'll just do straightforward risotto next time. 

*Monday I also made the last picture below, apple-pecan pancakes. They were wonderful. 

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment