Thursday, September 10, 2026

Thursday the 10th: Food of the Week

 *Chores of the week isn't happening because I got too busy yesterday.

*Friday meal is probably leftover potatoes and some chicken mole from Trader Joe's.

*Today is Skillet Chicken Fajitas.  This recipe is both really good and a lot of work; I'm going to use bell peppers rather than poblanos to make sure it's not too hot. I'm also making two loaves of zucchini bread to take to Oblate meeting and to have for breakfasts here; everything is ready to go except for grating the zucchini, which needs to happen in the next 10 minutes. I will be squeezing the zucchini shreds first to prevent too much moisture in the bread, and I'm leaving out both nuts and raisins since I don't know allergy status at the meeting.

*Yesterday was Linguine with Garlic sauce; I made the veggies in a separate pan and only added about 3/4 of the white sauce to it as I had one eater who didn't want the veggies. As usual with this recipe, it was a little gloppy (maybe more milk?) and could use a little parmesan cheese--but still good and very elegant looking.

*Tuesday the Son made waffles and bacon. He had to eat the first two "for quality assurance" but they were all delicious and a great breakfast for supper meal.

*Monday I made sheet pan nachos with shredded barbecued beef leftover from Sunday. Our niece was surprised that the different flavors worked well together. I used canned diced tomatoes for the tomatoes and only one can of refried beans--two was too many.  

*Sunday we ate baked potatoes and the barbecued beef and an ice cream cake. Everything was a huge hit, and the beef was delicious.  The weather was hot enough that our coals had no problem lasting, there was a great smoky flavor, and the sauce is delicious.

 (Picture below is nachos with peaches)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment