Thursday, September 3, 2026

Thursday the 3rd: Food of the Week

Tomorrow is chicken apple and rice. It's an old recipe off a rice-a-roni box; it's good? Maybe nostalgic for me as it's one of the first recipes I found and made after getting married.

Today I made open-faced tuna sandwiches from a Martha Stewart recipe. I already made the tuna salad because I'm leaving for an enrichment session in Wamego soon.

Yesterday we made a cumin-cocoa-allspice rub for steaks, grilled them, and had them with a pasta salad and some frozen french bread pizzas. This was the meal to celebrate the Husband's kidney transplant anniversary.

Tuesday we had chicken and broth made by the Son; he decided he might like oven cooking more than stovetop cooking, especially since the gas stove heat can sometimes be hard to manage. 

Monday I made the picture below, an apple chicken sausage flatbread with a cream cheese sauce. It was delightful and I probably could have eaten most of it myself.

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment